Registered Osteopath (Australia & United Kingdom).
B. App Sc (Clin Sc). B. Ost Sc.
“Life is in motion and health is an expression of motion.”
This is Ben’s mantra and the concept that guides his Osteopathic work, his actions and his beliefs.
From his childhood experiences at his father’s pharmacy and the family’s preference for Chinese herbal medicine, Ben became aware of the need to question our understanding of medicine. Of what it means to be healthy and how we can help ourselves in addition to our conventional medical model.
He eventually found solace in Osteopathy and its emphasis on considering person’s health in its living context: lifestyle factors, nutrition, emotional state and body function. Osteopathy made sense to him as it affords us a system of natural pain relief through manual therapy. At the core of the Osteopathic paradigm lies a question: If our body system is always biased towards health, then why does a person fall ill within their own living context?
Ben spends his days helping his clients find the answer to this question and understanding their own health. He keeps himself busy learning or out in the sun doing a multitude of outdoor activities.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Clinical Science), RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- Bachelor of Osteopathic Science, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- Osteopathy in the Cranial Field
- Biodynamic approach to Osteopathy in the Cranial Field
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
Membership and Associations
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHRPA): OST956832
- General Osteopathic Council (UK): 10119
- Member of Osteopathy Australia
- Hong Kong Osteopathic Assoication